New Year, New Week


So I guess you would say I started off the new year with a bang!! ok ok maybe a bust... I was not so successful on writing everyone first thing and wishing them a Happy New Year. So I am wishing you a new week! What normally comes with the new year is new year resolutions....to be honest I am not a big fan of.I would say for the most part I cant stick by them. Surprise enough I am going to try set goals (same thing no?) and do things that always caught my attention and do things i never did before. I know being crafty has its down falls and perks. I feel already there is not enough time to make everything I want and not enough yarn to make them (or crafty supplies) lol but with that said with Ravelry has been an addiction like facebook is to most people (coughs) Ravelry is an addiction, I just had to get that off my chest haha, But then again I would not come across so many great projects and inspirations. I tried a new look on makeup and also did my 2 hats for ravelry hat swap. One is the "ear-flap" hat swap and the other is "your favorite color 2". With the hats completed its now goodies shopping! I am posting a pic of the hat and cowl I made for the favorite color swap. I also did my nails, and the new look of makeup. The nails are pink tips with glitter tip. The make-up is turquoise and purple and brown.The hat is a modified version of a hat, holding a turquoise worsted and variegated worsted together to make a little chunky. Made a bow to put on the side with the Turquoise yarn. The bow is " Little Bow Peep" pattern I have on my blog. Link for ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/little-bow-peep





Work has been going good. I had been doing allot more make-up applications and lessons. I had a woman come in and got a new hair cut for the new year and wanted a new look. She had a few concerns she was worried about. She started off saying, I want clear looking skin, healthy glow, my eyes are deep set and would like them to pop! So we did just that. here is the before and after. I gave her most key thing I tell all my ladies. If trying a new look practice at home, when you have no where to go and don't feel pressured. Most importantly...have fun make-up can wash right off and you can start over!






p.s. I almost forgot i got a new hair cut and color! I never colored my hair before now my hair is no longer a virgin lol so i had this virson and came to one the best hair-stylist at my work and told her and she cut it. I was having a bad day and was telling her how i wanted red pika-bo's and she said, " I have this great color" and ran back and started putting pika-bo's in my hair. I asked how much I owe you for those and she said, "Marry Christmas!" she made my day! I have to say she made me addicted to pika-bo's now.

Comments

Popular Posts